HASTAC is currently hiring a full time staff assistant to perform a variety of complex administrative duties, involved with HASTAC, the Digital Media and Learning Competition, and, pending confirmation, responsibilities in relationship to the National Council on the Humanities.
The ideal candidate will be highly detail-oriented and comfortable working in an extremely fast-paced environment. Candidate must be able to work in HASTAC's Duke University office, located in Durham, NC. This position is eligible for full Duke University benefits.
Closing date: Thursday, June 9. Interviews will begin shortly thereafter.
Responsibilities include (see full job description with more detail at http://bit.ly/jYJPjB )
Manage and coordinate all logistics for all speaking engagements and appearances, including a 30+ city world-wide lecture and media tour.
Coordinate, manage and oversee various budgets, files, correspondence, grants, calendar, appointments, travel arrangements, agendas, meetings, weekly conference calls, compliance rules, and special requests.
Calendar and coordinate all meetings/conference calls, conducting any required preparation and follow up.
Assist in the planning, researching, coordination, and reporting of various special projects, including program and curricular development.
Assist in managing communications, both written and via telephone, including those with institutional leadership, government representatives, high profile national spokespersons, etc., while maintaining all legal privacy, security, and conflict of interest practices and protocols.
Assist in managing social media presence, including blogs, Twitter feeds and Facebook presences.
Assist in grant writing and management and fundraising efforts.
- Must be highly detail oriented and comfortable working in an extremely fast-paced environment that is constantly subject to change
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communications and writing/proofreading/editing skills
- Experience and comfort with a high volume of email (sending/receiving 75+ messages per day)
- High computer and digital literacy (including mastery of Microsoft Office suite applications, calendaring software, email clients, and collaborative tools such as Google docs, etc.), as well as interest and/or experience in digital/social media, specifically with regards to social networking, blogging, tweeting, etc.
- Must be able to multitask independently and to be able to meet deadlines and prioritize effectively as crises emerge.
- Must be able to maintain the highest professional standards in all situations, always acting with tact, confidentiality and sensitivity to legal issues, to propriety, and to representation of other parties.
- Experience managing multiple budgets, account reconciliation, and reporting
- Accounting experience required; mastery of Duke Accounting systems and procedures is preferred, but not required
See the full job description, including requirements, more detailed responsibilities, etc. at http://bit.ly/jYJPjB .
You can also view the full description by searching for requisition #400502705 on the Duke University Human Resources site.
If you are a current Duke University employee you can find the position by searching requisition #400502705 at https://www.hr.duke.edu//jobs/apply/employees/index.php
If you are NOT a current Duke University employee you can find the position by searching requisition #400502705 at http://www.hr.duke.edu//jobs/apply/external.php