This fall, take part in a MOOC on higher ed: Current/Future State of Higher Education: An Open Online Course.
Weekly course topics will include:
- Change pressures: What is influencing higher education? (Oct. 8-14)
- Net pedagogies: New models of teaching and learning (Oct. 15-21)
- Entrepreneurship and commercial activity in education (Oct. 22-28)
- Big data and analytics (Oct. 29-Nov. 4)
- Leadership in education (Nov. 4-11)
- Distributed research: New models of inquiry (Nov. 12- 18)
Course activities will include readings, videos, and recommended activities. In addition, guest speakers will host live weekly presentations. Content will range from peer-reviewed articles articulating the landscape of educational change, to interactive activities allowing course participants to contribute to the knowlege base of each topic.
I'll be participating, and I hope you'll join in the fun as well! To register, visit http://edfuture.mooc.ca/cgi-bin/login.cgi?action=Register.