- Potential Panel for DLF - “Post-docs in the Library” (Kim) - Anyone interested??
- Meetings first monday of every month at 3pm et
- Amanda will start regular writing group check-ins
- Hannah will start documentation doc so we can think about documenting what we have, what we would like next.
Kinds of postdoctoral positions
- Low-responsibility positions (1:1 teaching, etc.)
- Unstructured time: what is a priority during the postdoc?
- Writing book proposals
- Taking some time away from your thesis
- Goal setting/Accountability group: would this be useful?
- Yes! Hannah will send info to Amanda, who will email all of us.
- Is the book project the best thing to focus on?
- at small liberal arts colleges, “there’s nobody who does what I do”
Setting up for new/future postdocs:
- Creating a document that would be useful for new hires: documentation of what we all have.
- What does it mean to be a post-doc? Etc
- Orientation with new faculty
- Faculty to read job materials, give talks, etc.