We are pleased to announce that we will be launching the Pedagogy Project on HASTAC in the next few weeks. This is a collaborative project, with over 80 submissions by HASTAC Scholars and supporters. This is our contribution to the FutureEd initiative.
Each person has contributed a concrete, useful and specific assignment or other pedagogical tool. They include:
- Favorite pedagogical exercises
- Annotated bibliographies on pedagogy research or learning research
- Best tricks to get started with connected learning
- Useful in-class activities
- Peer Grading projects
- Assignments which include multimedia, video, Wikipedia, Twitter, Storify, etc.
A few sample contributions include:
- Embodied Writing Exercise by Ashley Ferro-Murray
- Digitally Annotating the Graphic Novel: Digital Pedagogy Project by Amanda Starling Gould
- Foreign Language Vine Video Festival by G. Cory Duclos
- Notes towards using Wikipedia in the History Classroom by Andrea Horbinski
All of the contributions will be organized into useful themes. The goal is to have a large collection of assignments and activities for other educators to use in their own classrooms.
Follow announcements on Twitter under the #PedagogyProject hashtag. We will post an announcement on HASTAC when the project is released.