I've compiled a list of comics-related sessions at the 127th Modern Language Association 2012 Convention in Seattle.
I compiled this list from searching the program so there might be more which have not included the terms "comics", "graphic novel", or "graphic narrative".
When the full panel is not about comics, I have also listed the comics-related paper in that session.
You can browse this year's program at <http://www.mla.org/program>.
I am looking for participants or attendees who would like to contribute MLA12 reports for the 'Meta' section of The Comics Grid. If you'll be in Seattle and can help, please give me a shout here, through Twitter @ernestopriego, or email me.
Thursday 5 January
95. The Graphic Novel in Latin America
Thursday, 5 January, 3:30–4:45 p.m., University, Sheraton
Friday 6 January
181. Graphic Narratives Retelling History: Germany
Friday, 6 January, 8:30–9:45 a.m., University, Sheraton
183. Deep Drawings: Sociopolitical Themes in Anime and Manga
Friday, 6 January, 8:30–9:45 a.m., Virginia, Sheraton
316. Asian Americans and Graphic Narrative
Friday, 6 January, 3:30–4:45 p.m., 303, WSCC
371. The Material History of Spider-Man
Friday, 6 January, 5:15–6:30 p.m., 606, WSCC
Saturday 7 January
399. How Seattle Changed Comics
Saturday, 7 January, 8:30–9:45 a.m., 303, WSCC
579. Why Comics Are and Are Not Picture Books
Saturday, 7 January, 5:15–6:30 p.m., 303, WSCC
3. "Graphic Transformations: Ethno-racial Identity and Discovery in Two Comics of Childhood," Tahneer Oksman, Graduate Center, City Univ. of New York
Saturday, 7 January, 12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 304, WSCC
Sunday 8 January
630. Comics, Bande Dessinée, Manga: For a Comparative Approach to the Study of Comics
Sunday, 8 January, 8:30–9:45 a.m., 310, WSCC
699. Graphic Narratives Retelling History: Serbia and Bosnia
Sunday, 8 January, 12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Virginia, Sheraton
692. Human Rights Modes: Testimony
1. "Witness/Testimony: Graphic Narrative as Témoignage in the Humanitarian Work of Médecins sans Frontières," Alexandra W. Schultheis, Univ. of North Carolina, Greensboro
Sunday, 8 January, 12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 306, WSCC