The Feminist Scholars Digital Workshop is an online, asynchronous, interdisciplinary workshop for individuals working on feminist-oriented research projects. The workshop offers an online forum where participants can exchange scholarship and ideas. This year’s workshop is Monday June 8th through Sunday, June 14th.
We are in need of social media correspondents who are interested in helping promote the workshop. Volunteers will gain experience using a range of communicative technologies, form connections with individuals from around the globe, help support feminist research, and promote the collaborative, interdisciplinary values of HASTAC. More specifically, volunteers will:
- Promote the workshop on HASTAC, academic listservs, and social media sites like Twitter and Facebook
- Share workshop-related updates and materials on the web
- Collaborate with this year’s Lead Social Media Correspondent, Abigail Scheg
Volunteers should have an interest in feminist scholarship and research. Positions are available for undergraduate and graduate students, educators, professionals, and non-academics from a range of disciplines. Participants will ideally be HASTAC scholars or have a connection to the HASTAC community.
Please note that you do not need previous experience to volunteer, although familiarity with social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook is a plus. All work takes place online. The position requires roughly 5-10 hours of volunteer time.
If you are interested in becoming a social media correspondent, or have questions, please email Lori Beth De Hertogh at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, March 13th. Include in your email the following:
- Institutional or professional affiliation
- Affiliation with HASTAC (i.e. HASTAC scholar, community-participant)
- Rank (student, instructor, non-affiliated professional, etc.)
- An informal paragraph or two explaining why you’re interested in this position and the workshop; also briefly explain which area(s) of feminist scholarship you’re interested in
- Links to professional website, HASTAC profile, Twitter, etc.
- Contact information