I am duplicating the email you should have received on May 7th in our FSDW group. If for some reason you did not receive this message, please email Lori Beth or Katie at email@example.com
Greetings and welcome to the 2014 Feminist Scholars Digital Workshop!
If you are receiving this email, that means you signed up for the workshop. If for some reason you need to withdraw, please email Lori Beth or Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, May 12th.
As you prepare for workshop, please consider the following:
- This year’s workshop dates are Monday, June 16th through Sunday, June 22nd.
- Katie and I will begin sorting participants into peer review groups soon, each of which will consist of 3-5 members. We will do our best to place at least one individual in your group who is doing work similar to you or who is in your field/professional area of study. Please note that, due to the number of workshop participants, we cannot accommodate requests to be placed into specific groups. If you have particular individuals you would like to work with, we encourage you to connect with them on your own. Peer review groups will be announced no later than Monday, June 2nd.
- Remember the purpose of the workshop is to share a work-in-progress. Please don’t feel that you need a “perfect” manuscript in order to share your work or receive helpful feedback. Sometimes simply talking through an emerging idea or sharing a rough outline can be fruitful.
- Prior to the start of the workshop, we encourage you to review the cover sheet for authors we would like you to use. A copy of this document is also available on the FSDW workshop group page. (Be sure to click the link which says “Find out more...” to view workshop materials.)
- We also encourage peer review groups to follow this sample group work schedule. (A copy of this document is also available on the FSDW workshop group page.) While groups are certainly not obliged to follow this schedule, it may help you all to have a template for planning your workshop activities. Keep in mind that group leaders (who will be announced along with peer review groups) are responsible for keeping group activities on track.
We want to welcome you all again to the 2014 Feminist Scholars Digital Workshop. We have 127 participants signed up this year, which means there are lots of writers, scholars, activists, and thinkers for you to exchange materials and ideas with in the weeks to come!
Lori Beth, Katie, & the FSDW Volunteer Crew