Hi Friends in the Liberal Arts,
I've talked with several of you briefly via email or phone, and Joshua Finnell had the great idea of creating a group to share ideas. So, here it is--welcome!
My hope is that we can put our HASTAC Scholars in touch with one another to collectively think through how the digital humanities play a role in a liberal arts education.
I had a lovely conversation with Andrew Burkett, and we mapped out a few ideas for topics we might discuss. Here's what we have so far:
- Using technology to promote interdisciplinary learning
- Using digital curation to write for a public audience
- Using data visualization tools in the classroom
And, in terms of exchange and collaboration, here are some ideas for how our HASTAC Scholars might work together:
- Compose shared posts, that explore a common issue (maybe from the list above?) on two different liberal arts campuses
- Comment on one another's posts, using this group to let each other know when we've posted something
- Hold Skype conversations to talk about challenges were facing and trade ideas
This is an open group, so anyone can join--please feel free to pass the invitation along! And, please reply with ideas, suggestions, or questions. I look forward to brainstorming with you!