Communication is a large component in visualization. How to get the most attention and communication from visualization is harder than is sounds. In my series for the 2013-2014 HASTC Scholars Visualization Working Group I will be discussing the psychological aspects and considerations of communicating through visualizations.
The series will include 7 main categories and 25 sub topics. Most sections have scholarly works cited at the end for further research. Each post will be added every-other-day beginning January 21, 2014, excluding weekends, and contain one sub topic for discussion.
Most of my examples were originally derived from a posting on User Interface Design from the book Neuro Web Design: What makes them click? by Susan Weinschenk and abridged by my research into visualization communication.
The 7 Main topics within this series are:
- Food, Sex, and Danger- A Deadly Combination
- Cognizance- Mental Gymnastics
- Humanity Traits- Humanity defined as...
- Sequence the of Information
- Perception- Shadows on the Wall
- Peripheral Vision and Mind Wondering- Zoning or Keeping you alive?
- Bag of Emotions
Please add any comments or examples you may have to the series posts!