Designing a Badge System | Informational Webinar | Thursday, January 5 2012 1pm EST
- Stage One Winners List: Badges for Lifelong Learning | HASTAC/MacArthur Foundation Digital Media & Learning Competition
- Digital Media and Learning Competition Process and Application Webinar
- Teacher Mastery and Feedback Badge Competition: STAGE ONE Submissions Due December 5, 2011 at 5pm PST/8pm EST
- How can badges surface the expertise and mastery of teachers? An overview from Spotlight on DML
- Badges: Questions and Themes
Informational Webinar: Badges for Lifelong Learning Competition
What: Stage Two Prep: Badge Systems Models & Design
Who Should Attend: Potential Stage Two applicants
Date: Thursday, January 5, 2012
When: 1pm EST / 10am PST
Duration: 60 minutes
Register here: https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/534182006
The HASTAC/MacArthur Foundation’s Badges for Lifelong Learning Competition, launched in collaboration with the Mozilla Foundation, focuses on badges as a means to inspire learning, confirm accomplishment, or validate the acquisition of knowledge or skills.
During this live webinar for prospective Stage Two badge design applicants, Erin Knight of Mozilla Foundation’s Open Badges project will delve deeper into the badge conversation and explore badge system design and development considerations. Webinar hosts will review different models of existing badge systems and discuss general guidelines and best practices.
Advanced registration recommended, but not required. The webinar will open at 12:45 PM EST to allow registrants time to establish access to the webinar.
Questions can be submitted in advance by emailing email@example.com with “webinar question” in the subject line.